World’s biggest social networking website Facebook is back after a brief outage. The 45-odd-minute outage appeared to be global. According to the crowd-powered website downrightnow.com, which tracks internet outages, service disruption affected the social networking platform across the world. Facebook-owned photo-sharing network Instagram too went down.
Facebook users across US, UK, Europe and India took to microblogging website to report the service disruption.
While many users claimed that they are not able to access the Facebook website, others claimed that they are not able to use its certain features. Facebook app, however, was working fine for many users.
So far, there’s no official statement on Facebook’s official Twitter account about the outage. A company spokesperson, however, told CNET website, “We’re aware that some people are currently having trouble accessing Facebook and Instagram.”
Facebook suffered its last big service outage on August 26. The website went down for almost an hour in several countries across the world. Both Facebook app and website were reportedly affected by the technical problems.
For the latest news, tech news, breaking news headlines and live updates checkout Gadgetsnow.com
- Facebook and Instagram were down for a few minutes
- Writing poetry in times of Instagram
- Now use photos or videos to reply to Instagram Stories
- Instagram now lets you view ‘Stories’ on desktop and mobile web
- Instagram upgrades its ‘Direct’ messaging feature, lets you reply vid…
- Facebook putting ads on all its platforms for revenue: Report
- After Facebook, reports now show that Google, Twitter enable advertis…
- In the store